At the Sun House our staff will assist you plan your days so that you get the most out of your stay in Galle.
The following are some of the great activities to do during your stay at The Sun House:
- Walking tour of the historic Galle Fort
- Visit key temples & churches
- Shopping in & around Galle
- Snorkeling at Local Beaches
- Scuba Diving - Unuwatuna
- Deep Sea Fishing
- River Cruises
- Mountain bike riding with guide
- A visit to Lunuganga, The Country estate of Geoffrey Bawa. Open for cream teas, lunches & dinners.
- Visit a low land tea estate
- Water Skiing, windsurfing & other water sports – Bentota
- Overnight trip to Sinharaja Rainforest
- Day safari to Ude Walawe National Park
- Surfing lesson Midigama
- Visit Sri Lanka’s largest Silk Factory at Gintota
- Talini Lace – see where some of the worlds best lace is made
- ½ day boat ride on Koggala lake
- Enjoy a delicious organic lunch and walking the stunning hills of the innovative organic farm, Samakanda
- Whale and Dolphin watching from Merissa
- Antique browsing in Ambalangoda
- Nightlife in Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna
5km east of Galle town. It is the closest large beach with a wide sheltered bay good for swimming and a clear reef for diving.
Wijaya Beach, Thalpe
Just 15 minutes from The Sun House. It is a beautiful coral lagoon. Safe for children.
Midigama Surf Point
This is a must for experienced surfers and it has excellent seaside cafes.
This is the mecca for those wanting to learn to surf, those wanting to paddle board and dinghy sail. It also has a burgeoning nightlife.
40 minutes south from Galle Town, Merissa Beach is great for boogie boarding, body surfing, whale watching, and dinghy sailing. Surfing lessons can be arranged.
Historic Churches & Temples
The Dutch Groote Church, Church St, Fort Galle
Rumasala Japanese Peace Pagoda, Unuwatuna Headland
Yatagala Temple, Yatagala
Massage & Spa
The Sun House can arrange for a massage at the hotel as well as a private yoga lesson
Amangalla Spa, Galle Fort
The Light House Spa, Galle